US Stock Market Forecast
What’s powering this booming economic forecast, stock market performance, and positive housing outlook? That would be America’s robust GDP. This epic 1st quarter stock market report reflects quiet strength even with consumer timidity and multinational corporations refusing to build facilities in the USA.
Strong earnings growth propelled markets through the first 15 weeks of 2019. The strength here almost guarantees big IPO activity this year (Uber, Airbnb, Slack). Please bookmark this page for future updates that affect your stock portfolio and other investment decisions. All the full stats are below.
The recent stock market crisis was a transition and what’s transpired is new record levels for the NASDAQ, DOW and S&P. Investors are calming down as recession fears fade, inflation is subdued, the Federal Reserve is pausing on raising interest rates, and the economy is showing resilience. China-U.S. trade talks are progressing and Brexit fears are dismissed
The Feds pulled back on damaging interest rate rises, trade war fears are dissolving, GDP is up, and China/Brexit issues are in the rearview mirror. Democrats won’t like it, but the markets are poised for much more growth.
Here’s how the DOW, S&P, Russell, and NASDAQ markets have rebounded:
The NASDAQ, S&P, DJIA, and Russell index are 4 key signals in the new American economy. Those analysts who suggested getting out of equity markets might be having second thoughts.
If all you’ve been hearing is doom and gloom global politics, trade retaliation, interfering Fed chairman, price rises, government standoffs, stock market crashes, and housing corrections, you’ll be relieved that the worst is over. Let’s see a common sense look at the stock markets free from media hype and propaganda.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook. It’s very positive news.
Enjoy this US focused outlook with data from Trading Economics, NASDAQ, Goldman Sachs, and other data providers which provides forecasts for major stock market indexes, and other key market data sources. Good luck finding the best US stocks to drive your portfolio growth in the next 6 years. US companies will outperform the market.
President Trump is showing some moderation in his attitude toward China and that is making some investors feel better about their chosen stocks. Regardless, Trump is making sure US companies are getting time to breathe and develop. A balancing of China trade though, would mean production of goods and services in the US, shipped to China. Few believe China will live up to its end of the agreement.
Best Stock Picks 2019?
US stocks are gold. The latest US jobs report, 2020 economic forecast and consumer intent look very good. To help you see the real, big picture context, and make good better decisions on volatile exchanges, here is a big picture look with the right questions to ask.
Here’s Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin with his stock picks for 2019. He also forecasted “the index climbs by 6% to our target of 2875 in 2019” — interview in TheStreet. Kostin is keen on FAANGs.
- Align Technology (ALGN) (+22% revenue growth estimate)
- Amazon (AMZN) (+22%)
- Autodesk (ADSK) (+27%)
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) (+34%)
- Concho Resources (CXO) (+30%)
- Facebook (FB) (+27%)
- Netflix (NFLX) (+25%)
- Pentair (PNR) (+22%)
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) (+22)
He advises high revenue growth firms, and that has to favor US companies. There’s still some value in investing in Faangs, such as Facebook or Google. Facebook had a superb 1st quarter earnings report.
Why US Stocks Will Win in 2019/2020
US Stock market potential is huge for 2019/2020, yet multinational corporations and their investors want to stop the Asia to US transition. They believe cheap Asian labor and products are more profitable.
For them breaking free of Free Trade means tapping smaller pools of labor and not being able to play one government off against another for concessions and minimal taxes. They can’t win dirty anymore nor get bigger margins with scale. Their cheap labor global supply network took quite a while to set up.
These resistors have media, political power, and opportunity to stop the Trump agenda, and to send booming housing and stock markets off course. They’re finding new ways to attack, but Trump is managing to fight them off.
Those importing foreign goods into the US China will face 25% tariffs. Trump’s opponents will find 2019 and 2020 very difficult and although a stock market correction will happen in the next 4 months, the NASDAQ, DOW, and S&P will find a new level and everyone will move on, until fall of 2020 when the big showdown happens.
Longforecast.com offers an interesting month by month forecast of the DOW which is in the graphic below. They forecast troubled times until 2020, and see 2020 ending spectacularly, although not at the 35,000 point level experts were foretelling last summer.
All of the companies in the DOW, NASDAQ and S&P can still make money in the new US-based economy (auto and chip producers for instance), but it might be smaller American companies and those in the Russell 2000 index you should watch.
Questions to Ask About the Markets?
It’s all about questions, because your questions reveal the depth of your understanding. Simple questions lead to better questions which lead to insight. It’s your money so there’s no end to questions.
- are US Stocks rising while foreign stocks falling?
- how is the US government protecting the development of US-based businesses?
- which US economic sectors have the best potential for American businesses?
- are US economic indicators positive (GDP 3.5% and better than expected)?
- what will happen to sectors when interest rates climb?
- is a US-only based stock portfolio offer the best potential, at least until the elections in 2020?
- will FAANG stocks sink further downward if pro-US agenda persists?
- are the DOW, NASDAQ, S&P, and Russell indexes only reflecting the death of the old economy?
- is volatility is a sign of how investors are adjusting/transitioning to US business and away from global business?
- if a recession happens in 2019, could stocks could slide by as much as 20%?
- which us stocks will plunge in 2019 and which of those make a good buy for the longer term?
- trade war would only benefit US business even more because it would solely own the US consumer who are very positive at this time
- should you invest in China, with its 750 million internet users in stocks such as China’s version of Netflix (IQ)? or is everything in China doomed along with its crashing housing market?
- us economic performance so strong in 2017/2018 and investors wonder if the market has peaked
- some experts are pushing the idea of the end of business cycle button
- china/asian companies/stocks are losing their market
- china economy losing its supports — turning inward now
- EU is trying to hang to UK and other departing members
- Saudis indicating they will pump out more oil now so can you expect an oil glut and prices flattening out?
- will shaky relations with the middle east result in major market changes?
- is there still a huge demand for housing markets if economic management wants to support construction?
- is negative sensationalist Democrat media strong enough to talk down the market — and change the focus back to pro-Asia, pro-multinational international corporate perspectives?
- how will volatility affect nervous investors will get little guidance about what what is really happening
- should investors profit on the volatility (VIX index) with market timing?
- will this US midterm result in the usual witn non-incumbents getting elected?
- Is the Fed chairman trying to move the market back to fundamentals and traditional behaviors?
- Is the Fed chairman pushing up rates suggesting his belief the economy will improve in 2019/2020?
- will the Fed raise interest rates and move to end this business cycle?
“If Trump were able to successfully pressure the Fed into adjusting course, it could have sudden and unpredictable effects on the U.S. economy. Markets have long seen the independence of the central bank as a critical ingredient in stability, and Powell has vowed to uphold it” — from Portland Herald Story
- Is the economy adjusting to new technology such as AI, automation, heartland growth, Internet of Things, G5 wireless
- will volatile, AI robot-controlled ETF funds could cause a market crash – ETFs valuations trading is dictated more by the buying and selling of the funds, rather than by company’s own profit fundamentals?\
- do artificial intelligence systems really understand Trump and the new US-based markets?
- as international companies/economies fall, the desperate move to US markets will be intense
- how effective can the Democrats be in taking down US growth, small business growth, American consumer optimism, and tax benefits for US businesses, low rate business environment in the US, can they hide/downplay the dangers of moving business back to Asia?
- will the EU finally fall to pieces without tariff-free access to easy US markets and fend off China dumping?
- how much could inflation and high interest rates erode US GDP?
- how much will rising wages (forecast 4.8%) help improve demand for US goods/services?
- how much will the national deficit and trade deficits slow economic performance?
- is your financial/stock market advisor a democrat or republican?
Stock Market Forecast to 2020
The NASDAQ, DOW Jones, S&P and Russell 2000 indexes to 2019 from Tradingeconomics.
Old Market Forecasting Models Don’t Cut It
If the experts looked at their models more accurately, they’d see huge unfulfilled demand, disappearing regulations and drag on the US economy, tax and tariff positives in the US, technology cultural changes, confidence in jobs and higher wages, and an investor/US citizen base just about fed up with Democrat media reporting.
For instance investment experts liked SNAP, Amazon, Facebook, and disliked Tesla. How’s that advice looking right now? There are experts still advising investing in China companies. What does the technical and emotional indicators suggest how that will likely turn out?
US and global investors have plenty of tough questions about where to invest their 401k, and other retirement funds, and how to profit from all the turmoil going on, and whether traditional investing advice is wise during a Trump-lead market. These are uncertain and volatile times with the polarization of the Democrats and Republicans, and with multinational corporations trying to hold onto the old international trade system.
Stock Market Expert Picks and Forecasts
How would you like to be a global stock market forecaster for Wall Street and put your prognosis out there? Credit Suisse Chief Equity strategist Jonathon Golub stuck his neck out and forecasted the S&P would surpass 3,300+ soon.
2019 isn’t over and Credit Suisse’s forecast could still come true?
The stock market and economic experts aren’t taking into account political and emotional signals (emotional intelligence?) and not taking threats to US economic growth seriously enough. EU and China opposition along with Democrat media (creating negative events) can scare investors, even though the US economy is booming.
Trending in 2019: FAANG Stock Predictions | Stock Market Crash 2019 | US Economy Forecast 2020 | 2019 Housing Predictions | Oil Price Predictions | Mortgage Refinancing 2019 | Buying a House in 2019 | Real Estate Investment 2018 | Real Estate Economics | Toronto Real Estate Forecast 2019 | Chicago Illinois Housing Market| Google Stock Price | Amazon Stock Price | Facebook Stock | Miami Real Estate Forecast 2019 | Seattle Real Estate | Calgary Housing Forecast | Auto Insurance Comparison | When should I Sell My House? | Philadelphia Housing Market | 2019 Stock Market Predictions| When is the Best time to Buy a Home? | Foreign Exchange Rate Forecast | Dollar Exchange Rate Forecast | When will the Next Recession Happen
Stock Market Forecasts – Dow S&P NASDAQ
* the above post includes opinions of the author and do not connote recommendations of any kind regarding stocks to invest in. The material is provided as information only.