Stock Market News
Update, Trends, Forecasts 2019
The markets just keep on moving upward in 2019 and it doesn’t look like they’ll stop into 2020 with the Fed now talking about keeping the growth cycle going.
Volatility in the stock markets is actually decreasing. As the US economy grows and improves it will become more impervious to political manipulation and reactionism. The NASDAQ, DOW, S&P, Russell Index and TSX are enjoying a bull run this year and the S&P hit its record. The forecast is for more in 2020.
This week, the markets tumbled a little, mostly a lack of confidence that the multinationals will be able to get back to their free trade game playing. Although some are optimistic Trump can strike a deal with the Chinese, logic, history and common sense tell us it’s unlikely.
US stock markets rose in the absence of China trade and its questionable that free trade would bring sustainable benefits to the United States markets. By eliminating import tariffs, US companies would suffer a setback which could send the markets downward. With trade deficits and debt returning, the long term outlook gets cloudy.
If the positive market factors continue, the talk might turn to the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P 500 reaching record levels.
Best Performing Stocks This Week
Here are your best performing mid caps and large caps of recent:
Booming Stock Price Trend so Far in 2019 is No Joke
So far this year, the DJIA, NASDAQ, S&P, TSX and the Russell Index have enjoyed strong gains. It’s a record run for the first 9 weeks. The gains follow a period in the fall where investors were overreacting to news and not paying attention to actual US GDP improvements.
The NASDAQ in particular has risen every week so far this year, which has never happened before. NASDAQ is up 1% in the last week, 9% during January and February. It’s riding on the price rises and excellent earnings reports from Facebook, Google and Amazon. Walmart, Microsoft, and a host of other big companies also posted positive earnings during this quarter, bolstering a strong upward trend that should last 2019.
And it’s not just multinational corporations with crazy good profits. Mids caps listed on the Russell Index are doing wonderfully. But some sighs of relief from multinationals who are exposed to tariffs might be driving the indexes of late. Trump has extended the trade Tariff while US China talks continue.
There’s no doubt that investment money that left the market is flooding back in, and Americans are loading their retirement savings accounts to get a bigger tax rebate.
The biggest news of late is the Fed’s turn to dovish overview of interest rates and President Trumps trade negotiations with China. Can Trump create a win-win situation though?
As the trade issues have eased, stock markets in Europe and Asia have had a rebound.
Latest Stock Market News February
- Best start for the stock market in 32 years by one measure — so why is Wall Street so uneasy?
- What is the economic growth of each state? See the Coloradoan report.
- Trump sees ‘good chance’ of trade deal with China as talks go into weekend — LA Times Report
- Trump: China Tariffs Delayed, Cites ‘Substantial Progress’ in Talks – report from The Street
- China markets surging on news of Tariff delay and ongoing trade talks — Bloomberg Reports
- China intends to dominate the Electric Car industry — CBS News report.
- Debt Is Roaring Back in China – Bloomberg Asia reports
- Homebuilder Stocks are Cheap but Gains Are Around the Corner – from The Street
- U.S. shale oil output to hit record 8.4 million bpd in March: EIA — Reuters News report
- The U.S. Shale Oil Boom Is About To Get A Major Upgrade — from Investors.com
- Consumer Confidence report to be released Tuesday — from the Wall Street Journal
- Oil Prices touch highest in 2019 — from the Wall Street Journal
- Fed struggling with monetary policy, citing volatility as negative on GDP — from Seeking alpha
Remember to bookmark this post and return for more stock market news updates!
Please Do Share this post on Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin. It’s good to share!!
Trending in 2019/2020: Housing Market Crash | Cities Most Likely to Crash | Stock Market Crash | US Economy Predictions | NASDAQ Predictions | 2019 Housing Market Predictions | Stock Price Outlook for Facebook | Mortgage Refinancing 2019 | Amazon Stock | Google Stock | Facebook Stock | Atlanta Housing Market Predictions | Canadian Housing Market 2019 | Is the Housing Market Going to Crash? | Is the Stock Market Going to Crash? | Best Cities to Buy a House | When is the Best time to Buy a House? | Toronto Real Estate Forecast | Chicago Illinois Housing Market | Boston Real Estate Market 2019 | Florida Housing Forecast 2019 | Tampa Sarasota St Petes Housing Market | Los Angeles Real Estate 2020 | New York Real Estate 2020 | Houston Real Estate Forecast | Seattle Housing Forecast | Affordable Housing | Lead Generation | Miami Real Estate Forecast 2019 | Seattle Real Estate 2020 | Should I Buy a House in 2019? | Real Estate Lead Generation | When should I Sell My House? | Philadelphia Housing Market | Foreign Exchange Rate Forecast | CAD USD Rate