Why are some websites so successful? Is it luck or did they pour a mountain of cash into it?
Is a successful website just the front for successful entrepreneurs and talented digital marketing consultants?
I think you’ll discover that in most cases, the business owner knows his business and market. It’s not the website and it’s not the big traffic. The owner has worked through his company’s value proposition and brand messenging. He’s giving the audience exactly what they want.
Failing managers try to give the audience something they don’t really want. It comes down to a good match between your value offer and what your audience actually wants in terms of the product and the customer experience.
Big traffic and a dazzling website might be nice to have, but without good branding, they won’t create a successful online business.
Successful Real Estate Web Sites
My realtor client in Mississauga enjoyed 16,000 visits per month for an extended period. For an agent, that’s massive traffic.
Curious about this blog’s traffic? It’s already massive and I’ just getting started. I can do this for you!
A Major National Hotel Chain Doubles Traffic from Google
It happens in other industries too. My major hotel client saw their website traffic grow from 1.2 Million visits per year to 2.5 Million visits per year. If 3% of those visits convert x $400 2 or 3 night booking, it translates to $28 Million dollars per year.
A Digital Marketing Agency in Boston
My branding agency client in Boston enjoyed almost a million visitors over 6 years from a variety of sources (mostly Google). They were the top performing digital marketing agency in Boston over that time period and the revenue and business results could have been much higher then if we’d known then what we know now.
Even during the height of the recession, the site had 133,000 Google referrals per year, and 40,000 visitors per year from other sources. One client was worth a quarter million dollars.
Wisdom Takes Time
Often it seems, only time reveals the complete truth. That’s why in my recent post I spoke about vision and ambition as so vital to sustain business clientele, staff, partnerships and revenue over time. If you’ve always accepted the notion that conservative values/practices denote an ideal, successful, sustained business, I know that this isn’t the case. Continued success in marketing is the biggest predictor of future business health. I’d encourage you to investigate this concept more fully.
Never coast or stop growing. It’s poison to morale, ends relationships, deflates employee’s dream of a better life, and it’s a failure of the original vision of your business
Big successes do happen, but because we tend not to brag or even talk about client successes, no one knows about them. If no one can see your big successes, how can prospects understand your value proposition? Now you know and I have the proof in Google Analytics reports.
How Do You Build Such Massive Successes?
Here’s the keys to repeating these huge successes:
- Develop your unique value proposition fully – understand it deeply and personalize it to your audience and make it very relevant to them
- Develop plenty of original, useful, well-optimized content – that creates search engine traffic – understanding Google’s algorithm actually is important
- Create an attractive website – that’s simple and catches people’s imagination
- Do outreach and build links – to your site using engaging content such as infographics, blogs, stats, videos, and other things people like to share
- Show thought leadership — do not be solely a follower — great creative thinkers with lots of connections are credible and powerful leaders in the digital realm
- Do not do “best practices” – which is code word for mediocrity – do the right thing instead
- Be very inventive and creative – in providing value to customers/clients because customers generally trust and respect providers that find ways to deliver value
- Be transparent – trust is a big factor online and if people can’t see you and know you, how could they possibly trust you?
- Be open to growth and new opportunities – because they’re the path to your goals — growth means following your original business plan in exciting new ways. The journey will be fun.
- Be social – enjoy the banter and thoughts of your customers and colleagues as it shows you are genuinely interested in them and it makes your day a lot more fun.
There’s my top 10 list of big success habits you can use right away. The 1th tip, is that you should not go it alone. Digital marketing is too complex and challenging now. Stay active and find the right employees, contractors, consultants, business partners and investors for you. That normally happens as you go so this last one is vital.
Chances are you have a good business or marketing idea yet you lack the funds to make it competitive today. Keep your equity and create value for all these people.
If you want ridiculously big traffic to your website, then I’m the person you need to know. If growth and ambition are a part of your vocabulary, we’ll work together splendidly. I’m looking forward to speaking with you soon.