Gord Collins – SEO Consultant
Successful digital marketing agency managers understand it takes skill, experience, talent, hard work and passion to position their clients well and to compete in numerous noisy marketplaces.
Professional SEO is the same. Agencies hired me because it takes depth, mastery and dedication to carve out wins in today’s fierce ranking and traffic battles. Whether hotels, software, consumer products, or real estate, I’ve helped clients excel in cost effective channels.
I’ve authored two books on search engine optimization, diving deeply into Google’s algorithm and all factors that affect high rankings and user engagement. Clients enjoy my enthusiasm, dedication and expertise. In some industries (e.g., hotels, marketing, consumer products), the outcome has been amazing.
My major hotel chain client saw their traffic grow from 1.2 million to 2.5 million per year. Another client in sports gear enjoyed huge growth in traffic and sales on their ecommerce websites. Yet another, a US marketing agency client, enjoyed spectacular client generation and revenue.
Hiring high quality professionals is a sign a manager is sincerely interested in success. Although I possess many talents, it’s my content strategy and search engine optimization services that are in most demand. Clients want visibility and traffic because without that, there are no sales. And by producing engaging, relevant, authoritative content, Google gets the signals it needs and visiting customers receive the user experience they need to make a buy decision.
Digital marketing encompasses many skills yet today, digital marketing specialists are hired to oversee or manage teams of SEO experts, quality content creators, social media engagers, designers, and analysts.
While all pieces of the digital marketing puzzle need integration and optimization, SEO or search engine optimization remains the key component of successful marketing campaigns.
Gord’s Significant Personalized SEO Consulting UVP:
Unbeatable, experienced, algorithm skilled, multi-talented SEO consultant gives you the edge you need to compete and win against powerful competitors.
SEO delivers more prospects, influencers, brand ambassadors and reach than any other channel. Facebook, Bing, ppc ads pale in comparison, yet SEO doesn’t operate in a vacuum. Too often, SEO is expected to create magic at a low cost when in fact, good content, paid advertising, and social media engagement are important to achieving sales goals. A good budget is needed but for businesses ready for market leadership, it’s the right investment at the right time.
For other ambitious startups and small businesses, it’s a chance to accelerate faster to market leadership, and the journey shouldn’t take too long.
Industry Expertise is the Hot Commodity
Often, clients make quick decisions about hiring an SEO consultant. Deep knowledge of the algorithm and strategic content creation are good assets, however, leveraging industry expertise is also a big asset. I can beat big companies because of: skill, strategy, creativity and industry knowledge. They don’t take SEO seriously and try to win with money and branding alone.
What clients really want is expertise in their industry and in their markets. They expect combined hard skills and soft skills to generate authoritative, relevant, engaging and action-generating content for their target market. That industry experience drives credibility, higher engagement, rankings and social share counts.
Whether you’re a tech startup, real estate agent, hotel marketing manager, consumer product brand, news publication, travel site, airline, or professional services business, I can grow your brand visibility, raise the volume of qualified prospects and help you give them a compelling experience.
They’ll bookmark, share, and blog because they’ll love your company.
I’ve generated big results for marketing agencies, tech startups, real estate publications, major hotels, and more. It always begins with big traffic captured via excellent unique content.
Experience: 23 years with 4 digital marketing agencies in the US and Canada, and my own company servicing clients in the US, UK, China and Canada.
Let’s ramp up your visibility and prospect generation now. 416 998 6246.
About Gord Collins
I’m very hard-working and put in long hours every day to learn, produce, educate, and solve whatever problems my clients face. Yet I also enjoy mountain biking, tennis, hockey, hiking, baseball and track and field. I’m trying to return to track & field (a former pole vaulter).
Hopefully, you’ll see some video of that someday soon. I enjoy travelling, especially California and the Canadian Rockies. I live in Canada, however I am mobile and free to help clients in Vancouver, Denver, Tampa, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston or anywhere in North America.
Gord Collins: a tireless algorithm researcher, content analyst/strategist, and author of 2 groundbreaking books on SEO/Content Strategy. Gord’s served well over 100 clients thoroughly as an SEO Specialist and Content Strategist. Continuous research and self-education in SEO and Content Strategy and producing the most compelling content is how he delivers better, more sustainable results. He is unique and has no competitors.
SEO Skills, Experience, Expertise
- Amazing combination of creative imagination and critical insight
- Analyzing client’s business model, unique value proposition, brand image, and offering insights into improving it or presenting it more effectively to prospective customers
- Collect data, competitor positioning, and facts to support digital marketing strategy
- Perpetually staying current on the latest changes in search engine news/updates/algo updates.
- Results driven, ambitious, and love to help clients improve their bottom line
- Enabled, self-starter willing to “step up” attitude to grow client’s business
Analysis and Insight:
- Conducted insightful audits of site structure, page layout, navigation and usability review and offer insights to design team
- Investigate troubling often silent technical website issues, Google ranking issues, and conversion problems
- Provide and explain monthly keyword/KPI reporting to clients
- Envision and find ways to create innovative, genius and extremely valuable content to attract, build intent, and convince new customer prospects
- Provide strategic and diplomatic digital marketing counsel to clients
- Define requirements and tasks, and execute implementation of SEO strategies
- Strategize new content for SEO with semantic relevance, and sophisticated internal linking
- Execute link building campaigns and monitor rankings and performance
- Proactively seek out new digital marketing ideas to help our clients drive more productive digital engagement.
- Explore ways to establish KPIs and measure/improve success
Social Media Strategy:
- Developing plan for social reach and engagement
- Setting up social media accounts and doing networking
- Conducting engagement with social media connections
- Creating and curating content for social media campaigns and getting connections to share them
- Set up quarterly campaigns
Content Development and Strategy:
- Strong creative, engaging, and convincing writing capability
- Plan, design, and execute content strategy and social content and strategy
- Research/writing fun or deep technical blog posts acting as key traffic generators
- Creating content ideas, promotional hooks, and calls to action that convert leads
- Quickly research topics and create relevant high volume, high quality content
- Copywriting for landing pages, email, print materials and videos
- Strong editing and rewriting/revising capabilities (managing evergreen content)
- Creation of visual content, whitepapers, ebooks, graphics
- Optimize on-page content and social posts as per keyword strategy
- Content planning and explaining/collaborating with colleagues for optimum content performance
- Optimizing ecommerce product catalogues
- Optimize widgets/landing pages for best conversion rates
- A/B testing to determine top performing keywords, content and value offers
- Engage with social users/prospects in human and attractive ways
- editing html/css code when necessary; managing WordPress installation & CMS
- SEO and conversion metrics (studying ranks, inbound links, content distribution, social media exposure, on-page optimization)
- Manage marketing campaigns using marketing automation software
- Optimize digital workflow to get more of the essential tasks done well
- Develop, deliver and continuously improve monthly reporting of account performance providing insightful analysis
- Setup and configuration of Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns
Client Account Management:
- Partner with clients and quickly understand their businesses and industries
- Ask the right questions to help clients discover their real needs
- Listen to and collaborate with internal teams and clients to achieve client goals
- Keep clients informed of progress on weekly basis
- Explaining digital strategy, practices, and interpret achievements in layman language to clients
- Spyfu, WordPress, Slack, Invision, Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Console.
When it’s all said and done, it’s your intent that sets you apart. Call Gord at 416 998 6246 to relaunch and grow your business.