06 Aug 7 Creative Ways to Get Seller Leads
7 Ways to Build Your Real Estate Seller Leads
How can you improve your lead prospecting and get more leads? You could use lead generation companies, advertise on Google and Facebook, use predictive analytics for realtors, or shadow other agents and steal their clients. Each of these has its drawbacks, some frustrating and some painful.
One expert I listened to recently in a Youtube video advised realtors to build diverse lead channels and be consistent at it, day in day out, and set aside 15% of your total sales commission revenue for marketing.
He’s suggesting real estate agents use many online and offline channels and perhaps funnel them all to your website where you can deepen the relationship with as many as possible. Then at some point during this buyer/seller experience you give them a good reason to call you right away where you can move them to the face to face, in person meeting where you establish a sense of trust and capability with them. I like that.
But getting seller leads is tough. Even buyers don’t want to meet with you until they’ve made up their mind what they want to do. And how do you present a better value proposition to sellers? Do you offer cash back, referral fees, prizes, reduced commission, or other goodies?
The new stat out apparently, is that you must meet 50 people before you get a client, down from the old days of 100 contacts. So you might want to get into a jovial mood and start introducing yourself to everyone. If everyone starts avoiding you, then you can always start digital marketing with me:) I won’t avoid you, I’m a real estate SEO specialist and I’ll listen to all your stories and give you a proposal on how to get rich.
So let’s get on with this digital marketing thing, because one way or another, you need to be highly visible online and then find a way to meet all these people in person. It’s worth it, and with all the data mining and predictive algorithms used for social media listening, you can find prospects that show all the signs of wanting to sell. Everyone’s rushing into it so don’t be the last.
No doubt you’ve learned that a lot of sales and marketing has been transformed into inbound marketing and your website is usually the endpoint of that seemingly passive, new approach. So what can you do with your web presence and your personal skills to present an ideal image to buyers and sellers out there. Here’s 7 key ways to make you the person they’re all talking about.
- Provide unique information they can’t get anywhere else and be an expert or Big Kahuna in a local area. A monopoly is the oldest goal in business and don’t forget it. Monopoly is at the root of huge wealth and always will be. Be the guru of something and be the missing piece of the puzzle so they believe they have to hire you.
- Choose a geo or demographic market to focus on so you can dominate it. Find a neighbourhood that has the type of people who typically respond well to you in person. Don’t go for young millennials if they don’t like you or trust you on sight. It might be your clothes, haircut or the way you walk and talk, but that’s you. Some agents focus on lifestyles since building one common interests is a great way to get conversations started, often you speak the same lingo. Create a physical presence in that market and ensure your realtor branding and website content reflect their values.
- Make high quality videos to make an impact visually and get yourself in front of prospects. Introduce yourself and a beautiful home you’re selling just as a way of showing how you look in action. Get relaxed and have the camera follow you. Remember to really like yourself first. You are worth knowing and they’re lucky to meet you.
- Be social — think about places you can meet people, get active in many activities and engage them in conversation. Do more and work on doing more. Play some golf, tennis, attend some meetups, and make social time a big priority. And think about the things you like to talk about and others will feel your enthusiasm no matter what it is. Get them to ask you about the market and talk about positives and negatives and when they ask you “is this a good time to sell” say “It depends.” Then you’ve got them immersed in all the issues you can help them with. Brilliant.
- Huge volumes of leads expire– follow up before someone else does. Give them an incentive to stay in touch, and to meet with you to discuss ways you can help them. Ensure you have a number of new things to help them with, even if it’s inexpensive landscaping or roofing contractors.
- Play up your open houses — and get lots of signs out in that neighborhood. Then walk the neighborhood and leave your custom logo usb stick with files will take them to an online contest on your website! Oh ya, give them an adventure and they’ll be talking about you.
- Create a big presence online with a well indexed mls idx website and lots of properties for visitor to easily peruse. And make sure all your city’s MLS listed property pages on your site are indexed in Google. Most site do not have them, so you need to talk to me about all that online stuff. Create some active social media accounts and be active. You never know when a tweet or FB post creates a ripple and creates a lead. Original humor, pets and kids, and fun food recipes are much shared online. Buyers, sellers, and homeowners are all online and you must get your face and name in front of them. Build your online presence to be as powerful, authoritative, helpful, friendly, likable, trustworthy and capable as possible. Repetition and familiarity go hand in hand. People trust people they know.
Now you’ve got the fundamentals of a powerful multi-channel lead generation and presence builder that’s going to spread the word about you. Your blogs, tweets, and FB posts will put you front and center in the lives of your niche target audience. Your social and professional in person activities keep reinforcing the idea that you’re very helpful and they’ll be keeping more of their money (and selling above asking price) if they hire you. You’re entering their lives as a respected friend and advisor and they’ll be glad to be associated with you.
Toronto Real Estate | LA Real Estate SEO | San Diego SEO | Boston SEO | Real Estate Leads | Real Estate Marketing | Housing Forecast | Vancouver Real Estate SEO | Real Estate Blogging | Social Media for Realtors | Real Estate SEO Specialist | Prospecting Strategy | San Francisco SEO | Predictive Analytics and Prospecting | Toronto MLS | SEO Specialist in Real Estate | Real Estate Forecast | Homes for Sale Aurora | Real Estate Housing Report York Region