Digital Marketing Forecast: Which Trends will Affect Your Business? What…
Are You Finding the Right Consultant/Agency for Your Business?
Has the deluge of noise in digital marketing become too much for you to bear? Well, hang in there because all you might need is a few pointers and some enouragement to get some clarity. Since marketing is pivotal to success now, picking the right consultant or agency is particularly important.
The right agency or consultant or agency will stand out through their plentiful questions that show they understand your business. They may be thought leaders.
They’ll also be more helpful and generous with insight, and they’ll show a willingness to learn and adapt to the actual needs/challenges you describe. On their website, you’ll understand their value proposition quickly and they will stand out as unique and capable.
Right off the bat, you’ve got some good indications, but you need to dig deeper.
The Key Business Asset – Your Agency or Consultant
The best won’t often be the wealthiest ones you speak with, however if they have a wealth of talented staff, good software, and other assets, it can make a difference. Besides brains, energy, drive, and experience, what is it about them that will make them the most important business asset you’ll have? Let’s take a look.
Does your current marketing agency listen to you? Do they encourage you? Do they find the right solution, or just the ones they sell? Is their focus short term? Do you think they’re ready for the future?
Every Executive’s Challenge: How to Achieve Clarity
Your mind is frazzled and you’ve become entrenched in a losing position, so I thought I’d give you a simple, focused list of marketing services provider attributes, and a plan of action.
Expert Opinions: “Instead of understanding the buyer, and presenting a solution from a buyer’s perspective, too much emphasis is placed on the features and details of the product/service that’s being sold and on the credentials of the provider themselves.” — Richard Young of Pipeliner Sales
Having the Right Questions
- do they have real expertise in the key areas you’re failing in?
- can they provide a complete assessment so you know they understand your business, what is failing, and how they will fit in?
- what is the cost vs revenue of their solution?
- is their content marketing good enough?
- are they an actual expert in their digital marketing field?
- are they creative geniuses?
- are they an expert in your field?
- have they become a master in other client industries?
- are they offering temporary or long term results?
- what does their website/social activity indicate about them?
- how will they add value?
- are they up on the latest strategies and software?
Certainly, a track record of success, decades of experience and client testimonials can help. And complete money back guarantees are quite an incentive for cash strapped, nervous SMB owners. However, these would come after you’ve answered the basic “can do” abilities in the list above.
As a digital marketing services provider, it’s easy for me to see through the promotional tactics used to lure client prospects. The top ones involve hiding behind cool trendy web design, buzzwords, and “staff party photos.”
Perhaps the key is finding a modest provider with multiple skills/services who is willing to dedicate to your business. Most agencies can’t do that because of their massive overhead and a staff with a limited range of expertise. Yet, keeping up isn’t easy and agencies have a difficult time finding good people.
It’s wise to find a marketing provider with impressive skills and a willingness to become an expert in your field. Industry expertise is a saleable benefit for marketers. Technological expertise, thought leadership, and the ability to write persuasively and in an engaging manner can make a big difference in content strategy results for instance. Ask yourself whether this provider is going anywhere.
Your New 5 Point Plan of Action
1. find a digital marketer with demonstrated skills and ask them to do a thorough digital marketing assessment
2. assess their skill and knowledge of your industry
3. listen to their questions – it tells you whether they understand your business and your needs
4. build a digital marketing strategy and prioritize which channels will make a difference
5. hire a digital marketer who is eager to dedicate themselves to your company
I hope this list of attributes of a dedicated, digital marketing provider helps you focus on what you need to do. Right now you’re probably feeling good so use this moment to move ahead, investigate and make a decision.
That’s the gist of good decision making. Slow down, be calm, find the essentials, and buy the services that match your actual needs.
If you have me conduct your digital marketing audit, I can explore and discover those missing gaps and what the causes are. Your assessment is one great way to quieten all the noise.
Get focused and feeling good then contact me when you’re ready at 416 998 6246.
I’m looking forward to seeing you smile.