15 Apr 14 Ways to Improve your House Selling Price as the Market is Peaking
Ideal Marketing Timing – You’re So Smart to Sell at the Right Time!
It’s spring of 2017 and 2018 looms in the distance. Where will you be when the dust settles? Hopefully richer. And here’s 14 of the best “high return” house selling tips.
Miami, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and Houston homeowners are making the decision sell their homes and move onto their retirement or to a better life. Some are driven by the spread between the big price they can sell their home for, and the cheap prices they can buy elsewhere at.
If you’re wondering how to sell your home for more, here’s some home selling tips that might help you get to 100% more on your investment. If your real estate agent applies the same type of strategy you will make a big bonus and literally get your real estate commission at 0%.
Keep in mind in some markets such as Toronto, homeowners have received $1 million over asking price. And why shouldn’t get more than asking price? Sell your home for more and enjoy a more relaxing adventure in your new life.
14 Ways to Get a Better Price for Your House
1. Find a Realtor with a great online marketing presence and then ask to be featured. Make sure he advertises your home on Google and Facebook. Exposing your home directly online is excellent because your value proposition or offer is right in front of them. No vague promises but a real home for them to obsess over!
2. Promote your home for a while before putting it up for sale — set the foundation for getting a lot of bids. It takes time to get the message out to all potential buyers who may include foreign buyers. A fast sale will likely be below asking price.
3. Ensure your agent spends a lot of time contacting other real estate agents in your city since you want to access as many networks as possible. Ensure your agent is as accessible as possible to show the home and answer questions. Your agent should use SMS as much as possible because it enables fast communication.
4. Ensure you have a top notch video of your home highlighting its best features and about your great neighborhood and feature the prices of nearby homes too. Give the prospects the best context possible to see your home as the most desirable.
5. Hold a selling party and invite all your neighbors, family and friends. This is a very important event and you want the very best results. Any prospects showing up can meet the neighbors and that can be a good selling point. Don’t invite your crazy neighbors and ensure your family are nice and sociable.
6. Research local comparative homes for sale and previous solds and determine what was wrong with them and what features buyers liked.
7. Leave behind something really cool that they would like. If it’s a 55 inch screen TV, or buy a tasteful, new chandelier or expensive barbecue — something they’re bound to like. People are impressed with generosity. An instant heating water heater might be another feature that’s not expensive but highly desirable and influential.
8. Fix everything including broken faucets, door handles, floor squeaks, and make sure nothing annoying or embarrassing is visible which can ruin the mood of your showing.
9. Get your home professionally cleaned. The cleaner’s have super effective steam cleaning machines and solutions that get carpets, tiles and grout very clean.
10. Paint the interior rooms a neutral color. Given what you’re going to get for your home, don’t skimp on covering up the old, gloomy, or weird colors.
11. Clean up the yard and exterior surfaces of the home. Curb appeal is no joke. The buyers mood is set upon seeing your home from the street. Do a little landscaping, green up the grass, fix broken side walk pieces. Buyers are affected by how relaxing the yard, patio, or deck looks.
12. Have the home professionally staged. Home stagers know how to make homes look really inviting. They’ll increase the apparent value and make visitors want to linger in the home. The longer the buyers stick around the more they build their intent to buy.
13. Fix the roof and clean it. Getting the dull look out of the roof can make it look newer and reduce worries about it.
14. Promote and Sell your Home soon because for many people selling theirs and moving is easier in the May to August period.
Good Luck on the sale of your home. It is a wonderful thing you will be rewarded for all the years of hard work you spent in employment to buy it. I hope you view your home as an investment and not a keepsake. It’ll help you achieve the right frame of mind to the results you hope for and need.
Related Real Estate Posts: Real Estate 2017 | House Prices | RETS IDX | Los Angeles Auto Insurance | 3D Home Tours for Realtors | Toronto Housing Crash | San Francisco Housing Forecast | Los Angeles Housing Market | Toronto Housing Market | San Diego Housing Market | New York Real Estate Forecast | Real Estate Agents | Toronto Real Estate SEO | Vancouver Real Estate SEO | Toronto Condos | Vancouver Housing Forecast | Affordable Leads | Digital Marketing for Realtors | Realtor Branding | Bidding Wars | LA Real Estate SEO | San Francisco Bay Area Housing Market | Real Estate SEO
GordCollins.com, your homepage for the most powerful Real Estate Marketing and Investing Strategies for 2017 and 2018.