18 Oct Yes, You Can Become a Millionaire Real Estate Agent
If Someone Else Did it, You Can Do it – Become a Millionaire in Real Estate
If you’re a 21 to 36 year old realtor, you’re very smart. Most agents are approaching retirement and they’re going to leave the whole housing market to you. That’s brilliant positioning. But how’s your business development going? Are you ready to take charge and become a millionaire real estate agent?
Is there an easy way?
Everyone reaches a point in their career when they need to let go of their “shtick” and adopt a new approach — changes that will position you to go to the top. And yes, even 25 year olds have a Shtick.
Remove the Small Mindedness
Open your mind because here’s how you’re going improve your career outcome. If you view yourself as an entrepreneur, investor, thought leader, and mover and shaker, you’ll get things moving. The real value is what spins off this train you’ll get rolling. Your original idea may not work, but once in motion, the very best opportunities appear.
- vastly improve your leads by leveraging digital media
- improve your lead quality by attracting the best qualified prospects
- explode your reach to tens of thousands of people
- be present everywhere so you’re easy to find
- increase variety of investors and buyers
- open your presence in home services, mortgage, travel and other industries to access new types of business that you can refer to others
- better capacity to capture and close any deal that comes along
- exposure to multi-millionaire investors
- more visibility as a credible expert
- more time to focus on critical areas of your business
- hiring agents to start your own office
- help your new agents expand their networks
- leverage their networks for results at scale
Sometimes We Have to Reinvent Ourselves
Merrily Hackett, a Vancouver real estate agent, was in danger of bankruptcy and seemingly going nowhere. But necessity made her more creative. She improved what she was weak in. Her company is now the biggest real estate agency in Canada with 25 offices and earning billions in sales.
Sales brought that (competitive spirit) out in me. I strive for excellence. I’m driven. When people say that I can’t do it, that tends to motivate me even more. — Merrily Hackett, Sutton Realty.
Millionaire agents build their success through prospecting, constant prospecting. They sleep, but they never stop. Their marketing machine works round the clock. This marketing persistence is only one of the keys. You’re about to go to more parties, if you leverage digital to get invited in on all the sweet deals.
Feed Your Drive
If you become content with a sale every few months, you lose that driven spirit to build your presence and huge volumes of leads for yourself. Competition is intense now.
With thousands of realtors now, you may fail, if you don’t outcompete them with a smarter digital marketing strategy. Real estate marketing is reasonably challenging, but top realtors such as Merrily Hackett master it by leveraging technology, experts, and other real estate agents.
Now, it’s all about 2016. It takes time to gear up. Time for you examine the top realtors and study what they do.
Some of what today’s top digital realtors do:
- try something new even if they don’t know how to do it
- build a lot of high quality, useful content
- create new content that is optimized for Google rankings
- have an attractive website with full MLS listings
- have an effective, friendly brand image
- promote and advertise extensively – including in person events
- be customer focused – showing you are truly working for them
- be likable – project an image of helpfulness and positive spirit
- be authentic and honest – build transparency
- be trustworthy – show you believe what they believe
- use determination – a calm, confident, no quit attitude
- create a positive, engaged presence on Facebook and Twitter
- use an omnichannel strategy that focuses all effort and resources
- communicate a clear, significant, personalized, unique value proposition
- use a drip email campaign that adds value
- follow up on leads in a helpful, information seeking and engaging style
With these in mind, here’s a winning Realtor’s plan of Action:
- Target Persona: Build the best view of your target persona — you must know your target audience well. If you’re a North or West Vancouver, West Bay, Sandy Cove, Kerrisdale, or Shaunessy area realtor for instance, your ripest target is upscale, perhaps Asian, an investor, between 30 and 50. Your time should be spent studying your prospect’s lifestyle, beliefs, values, attitudes, personal expectations and what they don’t know.
- The Real Goal: How will you attach yourself to their dreams? How will you establish yourself as an important, helpful person in their lives? How will you get them to let go of their “preferences” and hire you?
- Relevant, Personalized and Persuasive Content: Before you can go big with advertising, you need highly relevant content – your content confirms to them that you believe what they believe. It also shows your expertise and commitment to hard work. Keep in mind that to them, you are your content.
- MLS Property Listings – your MLS listings fed through your MLS associations listing feed is published into pages that your SEO guy can optimize. One top realtor has 8 million pages indexed in Google from his site. That creates a lot of visitors and they like looking at homes.
- Big Promotion. Don’t spend your money until you have your content in place and you’re ready to engage them strategically via social media. And when everything’s ready, don’t get cheap with your ad budget – do Facebook, AdWords advertising, and local print news flyer sheets too. Top realtors have ad budgets well above $100k per year. Advertising works.
Powerful CRM and Lead Management Software
If you can’t afford a real estate webmasters account, there are other CRM tools you can use to help you engage your contacts and build your database of customer prospects. And, of course, you’ll have more time to personally engage with your prospects and customers, rather than struggling with digital marketing tasks.
Real Estate SEO Company | LA Real Estate SEO | San Diego SEO | Boston SEO | Real Estate Leads | Housing Expert Forecast | Vancouver SEO | Real Estate Blogging | Social Media for Realtors | Real Estate SEO Specialist | Prospecting Strategy | San Francisco SEO | Predictive Analytics & Realtors | MLS | SEO Expert in Real Estate | Lead Generation Companies | Aurora Newmarket Real Estate | US Weather Forecast