Should HR Consultants be Promoting HR Software?
HR consultants in any area of business always need to be asking themselves whether their business model and time spent are efficient enough. If we get too complacent in conducting everyday HR functions for clients, will we have enough time for prospecting for new clients for ourselves?
Aside from our own business though, shouldn’t we be spending more of our time on skilled research, planning, and advisory services to grow our revenue?
HR Consultants Adding Value in Special Ways
If business improvement and more revenue are on your mind, then using HR software technology to rid you of the mundane and routine could significantly grow your quality time. I have to ask the question: How much time do you spend on promoting your services? With the competitiveness of the growing HR consulting sector, you need time and excellence to make your marketing great.
The important matter with HR software isn’t that it’s in vogue for small business. The point is that it will benefit your clients financially and operationally, and optimize their performance. And then there’s the benefit to your own consulting business.
So we see 2 types of added value:
- improvement of your value proposition for clients; and
- added time to pursue more lucrative and long term clients.
In fact, if your services were easily seen by SMB managers, as an extension of the HR software itself (high level consulting on recruiting, onboarding, and hr planning) that might make them certain you’re the right fit to be their HR consultant.
It’s Always Good to Have that Extra Time
Time does convert to quality. When you’re rushed iny our work for your clients or when managing your own business, you know you’re not producing your best work. The same rule applies to your own clients. If HR software can automate HR related tasks and improve staff performance, then they’ll have more resources to pursue new opportunities which means more planning, recruitment, onboarding, and management activities for your consultation.
Help yourself in this regard pays off with better results for them. And that’s your unique value offer. HR software allows measurement of performance improvement too and you’ll be measuring the value of implementing HR software againts specific events. The value of events, people, and technology adoption is there for you to measure and add to your own value as a human resources advisor.
In fact, by increasing awareness of people events, you’re highlighting the value of human resource management and your consulting services. Your initial conversations and assessments done when you’ve just been contacted by a business manager will be more accurate and thoughtful if you have that extra time.
Let’s Tabulate All the Value HR Software Offers You
Your Top 9 Benefits from HR Software for Small Business
- absence management – lets you keep track online so there is less chasing and paperwork when accounting for days off, sick days, and vacations
- online calendar – helps staff organize their daily work and prepare for meetings and key events
- centralized employee information – less time spent searching for records and emails
- expense management – employees can enter expenses so you don’t have to account via paper or chase employees for receipts
- secure personnel related document storage – keep documents centralized, easy to access and edit
- integrated with popular email platforms – lets staff communicate via email.
- staff performance – by setting goals and objectives, managers can measure staff’s actual progress and have more objective ways of doing employee appraisals
- powerful hr reporting – With a wealth of personnel related information, your client has more confidence about his staff and about the company’s potential for growth
- employee engagement – the problem of worker disengagement solved as you increase communication and begin to discover why many of your staff and future staff members are not fully engaged in their roles.
With more of the daily, mundane hr related tasks out of the way, you’ll have more time and information handy to assess your client’s future staffing needs, hr problems, and advise on hr strategy.
That’s our conclusion, that online HR software such as Staff Squared, provides you with more time and insight to deliver better planning, strategy and execution of modern small business human resource management. Why not build your career and services directly on top of the new hr software? It’s what clients will be looking for!
It’s time for HR consultants to ascend to key advisory roles and implement HR software professionally and let it take care of the manual daily regimen of tasks. How do you like your car insurance rates? Take a look at the demand for car insurance quotes and discover which cars and states have the lowest insurance rates.