06 Sep Digital Marketing Audit
Digital Marketing Audit for Small Business
In all the years managing my own freelance business and while working with digital marketing agencies, I discovered that small business people are great at what they do. Unfortunately, they’re not experts in digital marketing which is a discipline exploding in complexity.
My first recommendation for those who want to improve would be to get my SEO Content Strategy Book and secondly and more importantly, have a digital marketing assessment done. It’s a blueprint, foundation and compass for success.
The insight from a digital marketing audit can grow your confidence and give you focused path with your digital marketing strategy. It’s tough to have a strategy without a good study of your business and market opportunities.
Most SMB entrepreneurs wing it without a guide, and ironically most startups fail. How can you be confident if you’re unsure of what actually drives your online success or where you’re going?
♫Tell me Something Good♫
With understanding comes focus. Focus is an amazing emotional state where friction disappears and a feeling of wellness, clarity, and success appear. Focus is like taking a happy pill. And this is where myself and your digital marketing audit comes into play – it generates focus, energy and a strategic plan of action. How can you not like that? And learning? You’ll discover a wealth of key insight that you can build on.
From a study of the elements that actually do impact your online success, you can decide whether you need a new content strategy, SEO services, or to use artificial intelligence marketing solutions, among other improvements.
An audit is a study of your situation and some suggestions about how to improve it. That’s excellent value when it’s all contained in one handy report!
An objective audit helps you discover your digital marketing problem, not to sell you a solution such as a marketing automation subscription. While tools are helpful, it’s almost certain that your content and outreach strategy are the issue. If you don’t discover what you’re doing wrong you won’t progress with something that will work.
The main point or purpose of your assessment is to create an actionable plan and strategy to grow your business. An audit focuses on issues that matter to performance
A website audit isn’t for finding duplicate meta tags and other unimportant facts. The main purpose to discover why you’re not getting traffic, not maximizing what you have, and discovering what’s missing. Here’s some of what I will examine in a detailed report, which by the way is much more than the “technical spidering report” you’ll see most often offered.
DM Audit Checklist:
- Your company, UVP and market opportunity assessment – how are you positioned?
- review of your top competitors and how they’re positioned
- SWOT analysis – what strengths can bolster your digital content strategy?
- where are you competitors getting their traffic from?
- Identify anchor content
- Identify supporting content
- Identify main business/services pages
- identify downloadables/sharable content
- identify main content pathways and conversion success
- assess copywriting and visual content
- Assess site appearance and UX design – mobile, desktop, layout, scannability, speed
- discuss copy tone of voice, content quality, vocabulary, information value
- recommendations for improving all of the elements above
SEO Performance Assessment
- assess keyword rankings
- assess web traffic
- assess search engine traffic
- assess social media traffic
- spider your site, find and assess technical website issues – speed, broken links, meta data, duplicate content, over-optimization, link penalties
- setup/review your Google webmaster console issues and warnings
- Assess: titles, headings, and Google SERPs snippets, etc
- assess backlinks, keyword reputation, domain authority
- recommendations for improving all of the elements above
I don’t assess video, web design coding, email, or commerce sales statistics. Anything that relates to content performance and how you get your online traffic and how you can maximize performance is what this is all about.
Key Benefits of a Digital Marketing Audit:
- assess your analytics and discover what’s wrong with what you’re doing currently
- assess your conversion funnel and the ability of your content to move visitors from impact to sales
- analyze your significant, personalized unique value proposition and what you might do to improve it
- find weaknesses in your content’s power to impact, engage and convince your audience
- discover why your SEO strategy isn’t working and what can be done to turn it around
- check rankings and assess your keyword strategy and copywriting effectiveness for Google rankings
- discover content ideas that may give your business a boost and which assets you absolutely must build to compete and generate awareness
- reviewing competitor’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities they are pursuing and capitalizing on
- become aware of opportunities to rank, build epic content, and convert leads
- become aware of new models of success such as excellent websites and content leaders
- assessing your social media strategy and how it could contribute to digital marketing
The key to a good digital marketing audit is to assess your content. If you have a few broken links, your site’s running a little slow, or your calls to action aren’t aggressive enough, it’s good to know. However, it’s your content that’s the foundation of your success. This and your outreach strategy is where your focus needs to be.
If your unique value proposition and your content both suck, why not find out why? The sooner you get on the path to optimization and creating value for customers, the faster you’ll grow your profitability.
And with more, happier customers and higher profit, you’re bound to feel better yourself. Contact me now about a digital marketing audit. It’s the foundation of big successes ahead regardless of what industry you’re in. The fee for the complete assessment is $US 695.00
Call me Now: 416 998 6246.