Gord Collins – Digital Marketing Specialist
Experience: 19 Years with 4 digital marketing agencies in the US and Canada, and my own company servicing clients in the US, UK, China and Canada.
Expertise + knowlege + creativity + experience = outstanding results.
I’ve had the good fortune to work with many types of clients in many industries and likely have worked in yours. I’m looking for a digital marketing specialist position within a progressive marketing department who want to grow sales, increase efficiency, and keep their business sustainable.
416 998 6246
I’m very hard-working, put in long hours every day. Yet I also enjoy mountain biking, tennis, hockey, baseball and track and field. I’m trying to return to track & field (a former pole vaulter). Hopefully, you’ll see some video of that someday soon. I enjoy travelling, especially California and the Canadian Rockies.
Gord Collins: a tireless algorithm researcher, content analyst/strategist, and author of 2 ground breaking books on SEO/Content Strategy. Gord’s served well over 100 clients thoroughly as an SEO Specialist and Content Strategist. Continuous research and self-education in SEO and Content Strategy is how he delivers better, more sustainable results. He is unique and has no competitors.
Gord’s Significant Personalized UVP:
— one stop shop for unparalleled SEO strategy and content strategy with 19 years experience serving stellar, progressive small business and major corporate clients.
Stellar clients: real estate agents, real estate publications, major hotels, key US manufacturers, marketing agencies, financial firms, ecommerce businesses and more.
Call me now at (416) 998-6246
Digital Marketing Specialist Skills
- Amazing combination of creative imagination and critical insight
- Analyzing client’s business model, unique value proposition, brand image, and offering insights into improving it or presenting it more effectively to prospective customers
- Collect data, competitor positioning, and facts to support digital marketing strategy
- Perpetually staying current on the latest changes in search engine news/updates/algo updates.
- Results driven, ambitious, and love to help clients improve their bottom line
- Enabled, self-starter willing to “step up” attitude to grow client’s business
Analysis and Insight:
- Conducted insightful audits of site structure, page layout, navigation and usability review and offer insights to design team
- Provide and explain monthly keyword/KPI reporting to clients
- Envision and find ways to create innovative, genius and extremely valuable content to attract, build intent, and convince new customer prospects
- Provide strategic and diplomatic digital marketing counsel to clients
- Define requirements and tasks, and execute implementation of SEO strategies
- Strategize new content for SEO with semantic relevance, optimized internal linking, and in consideration of Google’s new emphasis on RankBrain
- Execute link building campaigns and monitor rankings and performance
- Proactively seek out new digital marketing ideas to help our clients drive more productive digital engagement.
- Explore ways to establish KPIs and measure/improve success
Social Media Strategy:
- Developing plan for social reach and engagement
- Setting up social media accounts and doing networking
- Creating and curating content for social media campaigns
- Set up quarterly campaigns
Content Development and Strategy:
- Strong creative, engaging, and convincing writing capability
- Plan, design, and execute content strategy and social content and strategy
- Research/writing fun or deep technical blog posts acting as key traffic generators
- Creating content ideas, promotional hooks, and calls to action that convert leads
- Quickly research topicss and create relevant high volume, high quality content
- Copywriting for landing pages, email, print materials and videos
- Strong editing and rewriting/revising capabilities (managing evergreen content)
- Creation of visual content, whitepapers, ebooks, graphics
- Optimize on-page content and social posts as per keyword strategy
- Content planning and explaining/collaborating with colleagues for optimum content performance
- Optimizing ecommerce product catalogues
- Optimize widgets/landing pages for best conversion rates
- A/B testing to determine top performing keywords, content and value offers
- Engage with social users/prospects in human and attractive ways
- editing html/css code when necessary; managing WordPress installation & CMS
- SEO and conversion metrics (studying ranks, inbound links, content distribution, social media exposure, on-page optimization
- Manage marketing campaigns using marketing automation software
- Optimize digital workflow to get more of the essential tasks done well
- Develop, deliver and continuously improve monthly reporting of account performance providing insightful analysis
- Setup and configuration of Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns
Client Account Management:
- Partner with clients and quickly understand their businesses and industries
- Ask the right questions to help clients discover their real needs
- Listen to and collaborate with internal teams and clients to achieve client goals
- Keep clients informed of progress on weekly basis
- Explaining digital strategy, practices, and interpret achievements in layman language to clients
- Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, WordPress, Dreamweaver, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Notepad for code editing.
Gord Collins – Digital Marketing Specialist Toronto