Gord Collins – SEO / Content Strategist
Experience: Beginning in 1998 with 4 digital agencies, and with my own successful digital marketing business for 8 years (Bay Street SEO), which included a major branding guru client in Boston for 5 years.
Strategy: Why choose a professional SEO Content Strategist? It’s in designing a top down strategy to give your website marketing a clear focus. My ability as a researcher, writer, and search engine optimizer packs quite a punch. I can provide you with the exceptional quality, depth, and persistence to help you dominate your market. See the SEO/Content Strategy service packages.
Ongoing Research: I’ve studied Google’s algorithm patents throughout the years — from the original PageRank all the way to RankBrain™. I was there when Google was born and attended my first SES Convention in 1998 where I met a very young Sergei Brin (Cofounder of Google).
Authoritativeness: In my new book The SEO/Content Strategy Guide 1.0, I provide the most in-depth description of Google’s master algorithm, RankBrain™. Become my client and you’ll have your very own FREE copy. It comes eternally updated too.
Investing in your business success is simple and here’s the formula:
Expertise + knowledge + creativity + experience + funding + technology + strategy + time = Winning Results.
My strategy, ingenuity, low cost, and sustained productivity combined with the right funding, creative graphic/web design specialists will generate unparalleled leads and sales revenue for your company.
Competition is the number one problem. We’ll craft a strategy and a brand that will eliminate all competition.
I’m very hard-working, put in long hours every day. Yet I also enjoy mountain biking, tennis, hockey, baseball and track and field. I’m trying to return to track & field (a former pole vaulter). Hopefully, you’ll see some video of that someday soon. I enjoy travelling, especially California and the Canadian Rockies.
Gord Collins: a tireless algorithm researcher, content analyst/strategist, and author of 2 ground breaking books on SEO/Content Strategy. Gord’s served well over 100 clients thoroughly as an SEO Specialist and Content Strategist. Continuous research and self-education in SEO and Content Strategy is how he delivers better, more sustainable results. He is unique and has no competitors.
Gord’s Significant Personalized UVP:
— one stop shop for unparalleled SEO strategy and content strategy with 19 years experience serving stellar, progressive small business and major corporate clients.
Stellar clients: real estate agents, real estate publications, major hotels, key US manufacturers, marketing agencies, financial firms, ecommerce businesses and more.
Call me now at (416) 998-6246
Digital Marketing Skills
- Amazing combination of creative imagination and critical insight
- Analyzing client’s business model, unique value proposition, brand image, and offering insights into improving it or presenting it more effectively to prospective customers
- Collect data, competitor positioning, and facts to support digital marketing strategy
- Perpetually staying current on the latest changes in search engine news/updates/algo updates.
- Results driven, ambitious, and love to help clients improve their bottom line
- Enabled, self-starter willing to “step up” attitude to grow client’s business
Analysis and Insight:
- Conducted insightful audits of site structure, page layout, navigation and usability review and offer insights to design team
- Provide and explain monthly keyword/KPI reporting to clients
- Envision and find ways to create innovative, genius and extremely valuable content to attract, build intent, and convince new customer prospects
- Provide strategic and diplomatic digital marketing counsel to clients
- Define requirements and tasks, and execute implementation of SEO strategies
- Strategize new content for SEO with semantic relevance, optimized internal linking, and in consideration of Google’s new emphasis on RankBrain
- Execute link building campaigns and monitor rankings and performance
- Proactively seek out new digital marketing ideas to help our clients drive more productive digital engagement.
- Explore ways to establish KPIs and measure/improve success
Social Media Strategy:
- Developing plan for social reach and engagement
- Setting up social media accounts and doing networking
- Creating and curating content for social media campaigns
- Set up quarterly campaigns
Content Development and Strategy:
- Strong creative, engaging, and convincing writing capability
- Plan, design, and execute content strategy and social content and strategy
- Research/writing fun or deep technical blog posts acting as key traffic generators
- Creating content ideas, promotional hooks, and calls to action that convert leads
- Quickly research topicss and create relevant high volume, high quality content
- Copywriting for landing pages, email, print materials and videos
- Strong editing and rewriting/revising capabilities (managing evergreen content)
- Creation of visual content, whitepapers, ebooks, graphics
- Optimize on-page content and social posts as per keyword strategy
- Content planning and explaining/collaborating with colleagues for optimum content performance
- Optimizing ecommerce product catalogues
- Optimize widgets/landing pages for best conversion rates
- A/B testing to determine top performing keywords, content and value offers
- Engage with social users/prospects in human and attractive ways
- editing html/css code when necessary; managing WordPress installation & CMS
- SEO and conversion metrics (studying ranks, inbound links, content distribution, social media exposure, on-page optimization
- Manage marketing campaigns using marketing automation software
- Optimize digital workflow to get more of the essential tasks done well
- Develop, deliver and continuously improve monthly reporting of account performance providing insightful analysis
- Setup and configuration of Google Analytics and Google AdWords campaigns
Client Account Management:
- Partner with clients and quickly understand their businesses and industries
- Ask the right questions to help clients discover their real needs
- Listen to and collaborate with internal teams and clients to achieve client goals
- Keep clients informed of progress on weekly basis
- Explaining digital strategy, practices, and interpret achievements in layman language to clients
- Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, WordPress, Dreamweaver, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Notepad for code editing.
Content Strategist, Social Media strategist and SEO Consultant serving Toronto, Vancouver, Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London UK and many more locations.
Gord Collins – SEO Company Los Angeles San Diego San Jose